BLOG (March 2006 - March 2009)

THIS BLOG IS NO MORE. AT LEAST HERE...IT HAS MOVED TO ITS SMARTER COUSIN WORDPRESS: http://tristanlouthrobins.wordpress.com/

May 19, 2008

Vinyl redux



It was in part the presence of Jeck that made me buy a new turntable, but frankly I think I'm making a reversion to recordings of dusty ether and grizzled analog. It's a Sound Research DJ1600m, about 5 years old, a good needle and belt drive. I found it in a pawn store down the road for $170, and the nice folks threw in a couple of vinyls of my choice - Bowie's Let's Dance and Emmy Lou Harris' Luxury Liner. Score!

This week is vinyl only, I don't know how I lived without it for the past three years.

2 comments:

Sebastian Tomczak said...

Go vinyl!

What are you listening to on it at the moment?

Tristan Louth-Robins said...

Eno/Byrne's "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts" - original pressing with the "Quran" track which was subsequently deleted from editions that followed.

Bowie "Let's Dance" - well, duh.

Emmy Lou Harris "Luxury Liner" - because country music on vinyl cannot be beat.

Leonard Cohen "Greatest Hits" - for the cover alone.

Elvis Costello "All This Useless Beauty" - the vinyl version sounds so much better than the CD, I think the occasional crackle might be the reason.

intrepid visitors since 25/1/08