BLOG (March 2006 - March 2009)

THIS BLOG IS NO MORE. AT LEAST HERE...IT HAS MOVED TO ITS SMARTER COUSIN WORDPRESS: http://tristanlouthrobins.wordpress.com/

May 23, 2008

Ungather bumps into EAF



This afternoon I was at the Experimental Art Foundation wrangling with the boomy exhibition space which is admittedly ill suited for audio. The reverb is quite something - a good thing I don't use too much artificial reverb in my pieces! Thankfully the 'dry' character of my piece manages to work in consort with the natural reverb as a positive element, it seems to colour the space nicely. Some expert advise from EAF's resident install tech Michael was very helpful too. Nice Bose speakers.

It's always a bit unpredictable going into a space for the first time as you can't really predict what it's going to sound like. I'll be making some subtle refinements tomorrow morning then we can wait for the opening next Thursday.

No comments:

intrepid visitors since 25/1/08