BLOG (March 2006 - March 2009)

THIS BLOG IS NO MORE. AT LEAST HERE...IT HAS MOVED TO ITS SMARTER COUSIN WORDPRESS: http://tristanlouthrobins.wordpress.com/

January 30, 2007

[30.1.07] Rock, stone, pebble, etc.



Over the past month or so I've taught myself how to 'play' rocks, stones and pebbles. Inspired by the activities of the acoustic shaman Akio Suzuki, I've found that these materials can create some very interesting sonic results when the right discipline and focus of listening is applied in conjunction with a resonant space. I've made some audio recordings over the past couple of weeks, but my server is giving me grief - hopefully the situation will be rectified in the next couple of days, with some description of my playing techniques. Stay posted.

3 comments:

Sebastian Tomczak said...

I am very much looking forward to hearing some recordings thereof, TLR....

Sebastian Tomczak said...

I am very much looking forward to hearing some recordings thereof, TLR....

Tristan Louth-Robins said...

Cheers Seb. Indeed, hopefully by Wednesday...

intrepid visitors since 25/1/08