BLOG (March 2006 - March 2009)

THIS BLOG IS NO MORE. AT LEAST HERE...IT HAS MOVED TO ITS SMARTER COUSIN WORDPRESS: http://tristanlouthrobins.wordpress.com/

February 02, 2007

[2.2.07] Rocks, Mouth and Delay #1 mp3


Here's the first of my little forays into rock music :). I have recorded myself playing rocks by cupping a flat one in my palm and striking in with another. I can control the resonance of the struck rock by putting my cupped hand up to my mouth, by opening and closing my mouth I can control the resonance and respective pitch of the sound. On this recording I have recorded two tracks of myself playing the rocks to my Tascam 424, then upon playback I routed a digital delay effect send and altered the delay time and feedback settings in realtime. It does sound a little bit clunky, but should give a fair representation of this technique, the delay is used to make the process a bit more interesting.

Rocks, Mouth, Delay #1.mp3

1 comment:

Jason Sweeney said...

oh rock on man. i really love the accumulation and clanking resonance (sorry there's not a more romantic way to put it!). makes me want to remix this piece. but the question is: would you let me? x j

intrepid visitors since 25/1/08