BLOG (March 2006 - March 2009)

THIS BLOG IS NO MORE. AT LEAST HERE...IT HAS MOVED TO ITS SMARTER COUSIN WORDPRESS: http://tristanlouthrobins.wordpress.com/

September 21, 2008

Day 6: Rhineland



Today myself, Lauren, Rudolph, Jans and Jessica floated from Rudesheim to Loreley on the Rhein river taking in the spectacular riverside towns, vineyards and castles. The first highlight was in the evening as we were roaming in Loreley and were invited by a couple to share the first wine of the season and some tasty onion pie (see above image.) The second (and most profound) highlight was when a cacophany of bells rang out in the streets for a quarter of an hour and the place was saturated in incredible resonances*. Unfortunately I didn't have my minidisc with me and the only document I have is a lo-fi camera recording. Oh well, great day
though.

* indescribable.


No comments:

intrepid visitors since 25/1/08