BLOG (March 2006 - March 2009)

THIS BLOG IS NO MORE. AT LEAST HERE...IT HAS MOVED TO ITS SMARTER COUSIN WORDPRESS: http://tristanlouthrobins.wordpress.com/

July 06, 2008

Jade Monkey



In most arty-musical situations feedback is my friend, but last night it was a cruel beast that marred part of my set at the Jade Monkey. I opened with an untitled bit of real-time peppercorning which worked reasonably well, but the said feedback became too omnipresent and kind blew the structure and feel of the piece. It's a shame because I had it worked out to a tee at home when I was rehearsing - it sounded really good. The second piece was redux of a Jade Monkey favourite, The Sky Is Falling which (realised with Max) turned out quite well, aside from the glitches at the start.

Dan Varricchio and Rafael Torale also played impressive sets.

Thanks to everybody who came along, some more exciting photos are on the way.

No comments:

intrepid visitors since 25/1/08