BLOG (March 2006 - March 2009)

THIS BLOG IS NO MORE. AT LEAST HERE...IT HAS MOVED TO ITS SMARTER COUSIN WORDPRESS: http://tristanlouthrobins.wordpress.com/

August 13, 2007

Performance at Jade Monkey 9.8.07



Last Thursday night I opened for Pretty Boy Crossover's album launch at the Jade Monkey. It was my first 'electronic' gig in awhile and beforehand I appeared to be more nervous than someone should naturally be when all they have do is sit themselves behind a laptop. I performed two pieces - the first The Sky Is Falling is a revised 'vocal' work I had previously performed, and a new work Conversation Piece which is essentially a tasteful mash-up of previous smaller works interspersed with new sonic treatments. I think it worked to some effect with the audience who were also treated to the excellent retro synth pop of Belittle League and a lovely chilled performance by Pretty Boy (Crossover) Mr. Sweeney.

Cheers to Seb Tomczak for taking some photos and video footage.

No comments:

intrepid visitors since 25/1/08