BLOG (March 2006 - March 2009)

THIS BLOG IS NO MORE. AT LEAST HERE...IT HAS MOVED TO ITS SMARTER COUSIN WORDPRESS: http://tristanlouthrobins.wordpress.com/

April 22, 2006

Tyndall Assembly :: Concert 3

The third Tyndall Assembly concert on Thursday 20th April featured new works by Hidden Village and myself, as well as a performance of John Cage's Imaginary Landscape #4 for multiple radios. The latter was definitly the highlight for me...

A DAT recording of the concert was made, and I will be posted some mp3's on the Tyndall Assembly webpage in the near future.

Next concert is Thursday 27th April, 8pm.

Programme:

Hidden Village (Seb Tomczak & Lauren Sutter)
To Stare At The Sun - for Gameboy.
I Smile And You My Umbrella -for water surface and Gameboy Advance.

Tristan Louth-Robins
Pole Shift - for Csound and tape.

John Cage
Imaginary Landscape #4 (1951) - for multiple radios.
Players included: Luke Altman, Tyrell Blackburn, Tristan Louth-Robins, Lauren Sutter, Tim Swalling, Seb Tomczak and Sonia Wilke.

All photos: Tristan Louth-Robins.


Rehearsal of John Cage's 'Imaginary Landscape #4' for multiple radios. (Clockwise from left: Seb Tomczak, Lauren Sutter, Tyrell Blackburn, Sonia Wilke, Luke Altman and Tim Swalling.) My radio is on the white table, I'm not in the picture as I was taking the shot.


Hidden Village (Seb Tomczak & Lauren Sutter) rehearse a work for water surface and Gameboy Advance; "I Smile And Hand You My Umbrella".


Hidden Village performing "I Smile And Hand You My Umbrella".


Performance of John Cage's 'Imaginary Landscape #4'. Tristan Louth-Robins (foreground) and Tim Swalling (seated).

No comments:

intrepid visitors since 25/1/08